View Product Datasheet
View Product SDS
FEATURES & APPLICATIONS
- A dramatic solution towards eliminating long hours of hard surfacing.
- 4″ (100mm) x 6″ (150mm) X 3/16″ (5mm) thick.
- Metallurgically formulated to give a hardness of Rockwell C60 throughout.
- Special “Black Chrome” finish yields an exterior skin hardness of Rockwell C72.
- Center & corner plug shape allows for easy attachment with our special Diamond Join electrode Code 1247.
- Cost-efficient – the speed of application reduces cost and down time. Discs can be replaced individually, as needed.
- Labor and Time efficient – much faster application than weld overlays.
The Advantages of the Diamond Disc® Wear System:
Verses Weld Overlays:
- Diamond Disc® can be applied in about onetenth the time of manual arc welding and about one-quarter the time of semi-automatic welding.
- Diamond Disc® has a constant hardness of Rockwell RC60 for the total 3/16″ thickness. Weld deposits will vary due to base metal dilution.
- Diamond Discs® do not affect the base metal because excessive heat is not used during application. The high heat sometimes used in welding procedures may cause a reduction in mechanical properties of the base metal.
Verses Other Weld Plates:
- Diamond Discs® are a manageable size, easy to store and transport
- Diamond Discs® are one convenient size. 4″ (100mm) x 6″ (150mm) X 3/16″ (5mm) Thick. Reducing the need to stock many different sizes.
- Diamond Discs® can be applied in about half the time of other wear plates, saving time and money
- Diamond Discs® weigh about half that of other plates, so there is less stress on the operating systems.
- Diamond Discs® can be replaced individually, not the complete wear plate.
- The Diamond Discs® application pattern creates compact spaces between discs increasing abrasive wear performance.
- Bulldozer Blades
- Mixing Paddles
- Scraper Blades
- Excavator Buckets
- Screw Conveyors
- Bulldozer Track Idler Wheels
Welding Current & Instructions
INSTRUCTIONS FOR USE:
Clean weld area with a wire brush. Make sure the area to be protected is smooth and flat. The entire perimeter of the Diamond Discs® should be in contact with the base metal. Arrange Diamond Discs® in the desired pattern. Plug weld the Diamond Discs® to the base metal using a fillet weld around the circumference of the center hole using the specially alloyed 1/8″ (3.2mm) Diamond Join Electrode Code 1247. Also join where the four corners of adjacent plates meet forming a similarly shaped plug area.